The Felícia Leirner Museum houses 43 bronze sculptures, 40 in white cement and 2 in granite. The works were set up divided in five phases: figurative (1950-1958), on the way to abstraction (1958-1961), abstract (1963-1965), organic (1966-1970) and landscape clippings (1980-1982).
The visitor can walk observing the sculptures and, at the same time, the nature. The layout of the works allows a strong interaction, making people feel the message of the artist in each of her sculptures, being able to reinterpret them from new points of view.
In 2009, through ACAM Portinari, a project to restore the museum’s works was started.
Restorer Júlio Moraes was responsible for the recovery of the collection. The first stage of the process contemplated the pieces made in cement, which underwent a structural restoration, from the maintenance of the reinforced concrete until the painting in white. In the second and last stage, held in 2010, the bronze works had their brick bases exchanged for exposed cement and were polished to recover their brightness.
The preservation and diffusion of the legacy of the artist Felícia Leirner are the main concerns of the institution. The museum invests in the preventive conservation of the works with a permanent and detailed program to avoid that the pieces wear out excessively with time.